I haven’t been writing much on TQ lately, but today I had to post what is the biggest video game news story for me personally in recent years. MLB 14 The Show is Coming to the PS4, PS3, PS Vita Spring 2014! Being a baseball fan and having 2 boys who play and love the sport both in real and virtual life, I’m very excited about the game running on the PS4. Tons of great new features have been announced. I recently canceled my PS4 pre-order because I wasn’t really interested in none of the launch games, but you better believe that I’ll have a PS4 when MLB 14 The Show releases.Take a look below for all the details revealed thus far.
- We know how much time and effort our fans put into their Seasons, Franchises, and Road To The Show players. So beginning with MLB 14 The Show, you can now carry over your saves to future versions of MLB The Show. MLB 14 The Show lays the foundation for year-to-year saves, meaning you never have to worry about starting your Franchise or Road to the Show seasons over!
- Thanks to the power of PS4, MLB 14 The Show is going to be the most beautiful baseball product we’ve ever created.
- For some of you, full 9-inning baseball games may be too long for your liking, so we’ve created an all-new Quick Counts option, which utilizes generated pitch counts allowing gamers to play through full games faster than ever. Realistic statistics in this shortened gameplay experience have not been compromised. Users will now be able to play a full 9 inning game in less than 30 minutes, essentially cutting traditional game times in half.
- We think Road To The Show is the deepest, most realistic single-player experience in sports video games, and we’re making it even better. A few of the new features include a new advancement system, new intuitive player creation process, and all new pre-draft prospect showcase.
- And finally, what makes baseball great are those “big moments.” The power of PS4 will allow gamers to share those moments using the new “share feature” by capturing and publishing their most thrilling baseball moments, from hitting a game-winning grand slam, to picking off a runner at first for a crucial win in a World Series game.
Read more via PSBlog: