Platinum Games’ “mass-hero action” game The Wonderful 101 wasn’t on my radar after seeing some of its gameplay earlier this year. The gameplay appeared confusing and none-appealing, however, knowing that Platinum Games puts out some quality high action games — I couldn’t ignore the demo. But was the demo Wonderful enough to get an unlock? Let’s find out.
Final Demo Verdict: This is the type of the demo that will make you come back for more. I truly appreciated the game the more I played it. I played about 10 times one night alone. I simply loved it! If you have a Wii U, now is the time to turn it on.
Hi folks, B4 here, and being the Nintendo fanboy that I am, you just knew that it was only a matter of time before I shared my thoughts on this one with you as well. Unlike my friend Desz, The Wonderful 101 has been on my radar for quite some time. In fact, I still remember when it went by the name Project P-100. Anyways, the demo has finally arrived, and all I have to say is this, Wii U owners, the new IP you have been looking for has finally arrived, and it rocks.
* Action moves along at a frequent pace
* Each morphing ability provides the player with strategic ways to approach battles
* Visual style and animations are beautiful
* Joystick controls to create morphs are easy to use
* Abilities can help you move around obstacles and solve puzzles
* Stylus controls to create morphs are unresponsive for the most part
* Camera tends to force players into walls way too often
Final Demo Verdict: While it does have some issues here and there, The Wonderful 101 is a welcome addition to the Wii U library that shows just how versatile Nintendo’s latest system can really be. I had a great time with the demo, and it is without a doubt something that fans of the system should definitely consider checking out.