Greetings TQfam! It’s been a while since I posted a tip, but I wanted to share this particular tip with you all since it pertains to the all new Nintendo Wii U. This morning while trying to go through the initial setup via the Wii U tablet I came to a halt during the network portion of the setup. The issue prevents the connection to a Wi-Fi access point/router. A connection error prompts “cannot find network” after you enter the Wi-Fi security password for the first time and the Wii U tries to confirm the connection. I’m not absolutely sure what exactly is causing these issues, but I do have a work around that worked perfect for me.
ok, let’s get started. Let’s forget about the auto configurations within the network setup.
1. Go into connection types, Hit “Manual Configuration”
2. Input your SSID
3. Input the correct security type.
4. Put your password in properly
5. For IP address “Do not auto obtain”.
6. open up cmd in your (windows computer) computer, type in ipconfig /all — on a ethernet connected Mac go to “system preferences” then “network” and keep the setting up so you can use them for your Wii U setup.
7. Input that ip address but add 100 to the last number so “192.168.0.100″ or 192.168.1.100 depending on your router brand.
8. Enter the rest of your info inside such as subnet mask and default gateway exactly as you see it in your ipconfig on windows or your network settings within your Mac.
9. Now hit next, hit configure now for your DNS. When asked about DNS hit “Don’t auto obtain”.
10. For the first server put in the DNS within your ipconfig on windows or network settings within your mac. Optionally you can also use 220.127.116.11
11. For the second server put in the other address listed under DNS within ipconfig or network settings on mac. Optionally you can use 18.104.22.168
12. Hit Next, when asked about a proxy hit no proxy
13. Leave mtu as the default
That’s it. This should resolve the Wi-Fi connection issue on your Wii-U. I’m not sure if Nintendo is aware of this issue, or if the first patch fixes the issue, but I hope this helps.
If you have any questions, feel free to post them on the comment section below. I will try my best to answer your questions.