Nintendo has just let out the official tech specs for their console today, here is everything you need to know.
* Size of console: 1.8 inches high, 10.5 inches deep and 6.8 inches long
* Weight: Approximately 3.41 pounds
* It will support two Wii u Gamepad controllers, four Wii Remote controllers or Wii U pro controllers, and other accessories including nunchuk controllers, classic controllers, and the Wii Balance Board.
* Video Output: 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i resolutions are supported. Compatible cables include HDMI, Wii D-Terminal, Wii Component Video, Wii RGB, Wii S-Video Stereo AV and Wii AV.
* Audio Output: Supports six-channel PCM linear output via HDMI® connector, or analog output via the AV Multi Out connector.
*IBM multi-core CPU and AMD Radeon HD GPU combo processor
* Storage: Internal Flash memory, SD memory cards, and USB Storage
*Will support both Wii and Wii U discs, and all other Wii accessories as well.
* Near field communication support for Wii U Gamepad
* Gamepad itself will have a rechargeable lithium ion-battery that will take about 2 hours to charge, and can be used for around 3-5 hours before needing to be recharged.