Nintendo’s global president Satoru Iwata has revealed some new information and features on the Wii U.
- The console’s touchscreen controller, previously without a name, has been confirmed to be called the Wii U Gamepad.
- All forms of Wii controllers, as well as the Wii Fit balance board, are compatible with Wii U
- Wii U Gamepad can be used to control the television using the controller’s “TV” button via an infrared signal.
- An addition to the Wii U gamepad, a Wii U Pro controller will be released for ‘more intense’ forms of gaming
- Nintendo’s new social/system network named – Miiverse (more info on the video below)
Podcast: Play in new window | Download