Skyrim is so damn hot right now that even if the game’s graphics get a texture free downgrade, the game still looks pretty damn cool. Check out the video below.
if you would like to get this mode activated on your PC version of Skyrim, you must have a Nvdia card and do the following:
- Go to your Nvidia Control Panel
- Click Manage 3D Settings on the left
- Click the “Program Settings” tab, then add the path to your TESV.exe file (Probably “C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\TESV.exe”)
- Click Apply, or just close the window
- Download the GeForce SLI Profile Editor by Nvidia
- Run it, click Export SLI profiles, save the text file in Documents or your Desktop
- Make a backup of this file so you can easily reverse these changes!
- Open the text file in Notepad, do a search for “skyrim”
- You should have a Skyrim section in front of you. If you see this line: “Setting ID_0x00738e8f = 0×00000000 UserSpecified=true” Change it so it looks like this: “Setting ID_0x00738e8f = 0×00000050 UserSpecified=true” If that line does not exist, add it in the Skyrim section. Make it look like the other ones. Be smart about it.
- Import the text file you saved with the GeForce SLI Profile Editor
- Skyrim now plays in crazy 1995 mode!
- To undo this, import the text file that you backed up to in step 7. Or change the 0×00000050 back to 0×00000000 in the file you saved in step 10.
Try at your own risk.