Kalypso Media, and First Star Software, Inc., along with the German development studio Catnip Games, are pleased to announce the official game web site for Boulder Dash®-XL™. Starting today, fans and gamers are invited to enter Rockford™ and Crystal’s world at: www.boulder-dash-xl.com
Along with the latest news and an art gallery, visitors will have the chance to view exclusive materials from the game
Boulder Dash®- XL™ is currently in development for Xbox LIVE® Arcade for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows PC.
Boulder Dash’s tricky puzzle and dexterity-based gameplay made its debut in the early 80s and continues to entertain its enormous fan base and new players. The game is recognized as one of the best-loved retro games in the history of computer and video gaming. Now Boulder Dash®-XL™ brings this classic back with a hot new look that will take the Xbox LIVE Arcade and PC platforms by storm. The game’s core remains unchanged: in a race against time players must collect sparkling diamonds while besting hordes of enemies, while avoiding numerous traps, and keeping an eye out for falling boulders!
Features of Boulder Dash®-XL™ include:
• An updated HD look and feel, featuring 720p graphics
• 4 new game modes (“Arcade”, plus all new “Puzzle”, “Zen” and “Time Challenge”)
• A Retro Mode offering 25 “retro” Caves for a total of five game modes in all
• New scoring mechanism adding new excitement and challenges for High Score hunters
• Four beautiful and varied game worlds
• Over 150 all-new Caves to explore while battling monsters and grabbing gems
• Online Ranking Lists/ Leaderboards
• Achievements support