Just in time for our July 15th TQGame night, Killzone 2 will get a new patch with tons of fixes and enhancements that we should expect next Tuesday July 14th. The new patch will serve for the latest KZ2 DLC “Napalm & Cordite” (‘Flames and Bolts’) 2 new weapons and 2 new maps. The 91mb sized 1.28 patch will included the following:
Feature – Code support for DLC pack III “Napalm & Cordite”. The update will enable players to create games with the newest maps “Suljeva Cliffside” and “Arctower Landing”
Feature – Code support for DLC to allow the additions of the Flamethrower and the Boltgun to multiplayer.
Trophies – New trophies added for DLC pack III “Napalm and Cordite”.
Feature – Detailed information screen when browsing games. Items displayed include: Friendly Fire, Faction Balancing, Custom Weapons and Custom Badges as well as the region, game size, selected maps and allowed Missions and Badges.
- Feature – Higher values for Bodycount mode. Players can now create games with 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 50, 100 and 200 points to increase the time of the mode for 32 player games.
- Feature – Moderators can now create double-points events.
- Fix for persistent squads now working correctly when users using separate Japanese accounts join Friends.
- New loading screens.
- Moderation – Additional powers and functionality for online moderators.
- Fix for Clan Leader leaving his clan before an active Tournament of Clan Challenge.
- Fix for score replication on different clients.
- Fix for a Clan Challenge results displaying a won/lost games as a ‘Draw’.
- Fix for incorrect Tournament timings being displayed for (semi)-final.
- Fix for an empty message pop-up being displayed.
- ‘High Precision Mode’ now defaulting when requested.
- Fix for stuttering audio on the Asian version.
- Fix for network error displayed when trying to log in with another users account.
- Fix to reduce network traffic and improve performance.
- Fix for occasionally being displayed an empty background when ‘Join Friend’ via Communications tab.
- Exploit – Pyrrhus Rise map boundary fix.
- Exploit – Radec Academy collision fix to prevent players being revived inside a pillar and using it to their advantage.
- Cosmetic fix for Medic Gun visual effects.
- Cosmetic fix for Search & Retrieve object being cloaked by the Scout.
- Cosmetic fix for Scouts body remaining cloaked after being mortally wounded (i.e. headshot).
- Gameplay – Damage from Sentry bots tweaked back on request of the community.
- Collection of minor code fixes.
Also, KillZone.com will get the following updates.
- Feature – Tournaments – Full tournament functionality enabled once again.
- Feature – Upcoming Tournaments are now displayed in a clan’s calendar.
- Feature – Upcoming Tournaments are now displayed in My Killzone upcoming events.
- Feature – Upcoming Tournaments are now displayed in clan communication center.
- Feature – Tournament and Clan Challenge support for DLC Pack III “Napalm & Cordite”.
- Feature – Additions of sounds in Battle Replays.
- Feature – Additional animations in Battle Replays.
- PlayStation®3 landing page updated.
- Higher selectable Bodycount values when creating Tournaments or Clan Challenges via www.Killzone.com.
- Various bug-fixes and minor updates.
No official date or were revealed. Perhaps a Thursday after the patch release?